Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ham Bake Beginnings ...


A few posts back I mentioned that I downloaded the iPhone APP, “Tasty Bytes” from my girl, RR!  Of course, in all of my no-time-ness, I haven’t really used it….

Until last night!  I was in the grocery store, thinking, Wow I really should have made myself a list…I have no clue what to make tonight.  Then, I remembered her app!  I quickly (and easily) searched by ingredient for something different.  I came to:

Broccoli, Cheddar, and Ham Bake.
Yum-O!


In the words of RR, Yum-O!  This was one of the easiest things I have ever made!  It was the first time I tackled a “rue” and it was way easier than I expected!  No more passing on ‘rue –ified recipes!

It was delish!  Now not exactly the healthiest thing I’ve ever made, but it hit the spot.  Well the week has ended and so has the painting.  All the touch ups are done and the decorations back on the walls!  It finally feels like home!  Will post pics as soon as my camera make up! :) We are still fighting!  Here's a teaser...the kitchen reminds me of fresh bread and vino! (Probably because those are the paint color names...)

Sorry about the iPhone picture, he's my friend with benefits I shamelessly use while my camera plays the diva role!  Anyway, the half-marathon is in 3 days and we could not be less prepared.  It certainly will be interesting!  We made an executive decision to wear our headphones and blast music (typically race days we don’t to small chit chat, make sure the other is still breathing, and focus on not quitting!)  We will see how it goes!  Any tips for a good / new super healthy pre-race dinner?  What about morning of?  I’m going to need allll of the help I can get! 

1 comment:

  1. Check out Healthy Tipping Point for race day meal ideas. Caitlin rocks (as you know). I can't wait to see the paint colors. Doesn't it make you feel good to have it all done? It's amazing how something as simple as a piece of art on the wall or different colors on the wall can really change the look of your home. Just a slight change even. Please come do our touch up paint. Thank you. :-) Best of luck on race day! I will be thinking about you both and rooting you on while I clean house and mow the grass :-)

    ReplyDelete