Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Truth About Hubby...



Well this will not be a cooking RR post because I had dinner with two of my girlfriends, the A’s…yay!  After planning for 2 months and rescheduling 3 times, we  finally met for dinner last night.  I’m still very excited about it!  This almost ever happens anymore!  Happy Dance!!!  It was lots of fun, plenty of catching up and laughing!



And tonight, Hubby and I are going out to celebrate one of our “monthery”s (we celebrate month milestones since we haven’t hit a year).  Two nights in a row -- out to eat and out of the kitchen, look at me!  I'm like a celebrity!  Break out the oversized shades!

Something else I’m excited about was to receive my first ever comments!  It is nice to know someone is reading, I feel a little lonely sometimes in this huge web of Internet!  And I know there are many entertaining things on here to do…so thanks for spending time with me!  Check Out OurDogBuffy’s fun and funny blog!  I know I’m enjoying it!   I also really like Caitlin’s Healthy Tipping Point.   Her blog is what got me hooked on blogs…I can’t wait to buy her book!

So the truth about Hubby.  I think that my blog makes him seem like he is a fan of running.  Not even close!  While he doesn’t mind it, he doesn’t look forward to it.  He will run though if there is a “goal” (hence the half marathon).  We’ve also done some 5Ks   and a 10 mile race.  So this half-marathon will be the longest distance ever for us!  It’s really scary when you think about it! 13.1 miles! YIKES!

Hubby really runs because I am terrified of dogs.  Embarrassing, yes.  True, yes.   Let’s chalk it up to a bad experience as a child coupled with never living with a dog.  They terrify me.  Don’t hate me animal lovers – I said afraid, not hate!  There is a difference!  Anyway, I convinced him that this was cheaper than a gym membership (Hubby loves to save a buck)…and it worked!  I can’t run alone because of my fear…and so the Hubby helps me!



We have been running consistently for about 10 weeks.  Before that we were off and on, not really faithful to it.  We’d like to keep it up though so we are looking for a winter race and a spring one to keep the motivation alive!  Definitely not professionals…we are those people that look like they are hurting every step of the way! Ha-ha!  But it’s getting better, and that’s the key!

Have you ever seen the show – Clean House – it is so incredibly scary!  I like things clean and neat so that show literally makes my skin crawl.  But it’s like an accident or something, I have to look!  I have to know!  It’s like when you squish a bug – you have to check to make sure you got him!



I’m getting into yoga as a cross-training method, but would like some other ideas.  Before you suggest it, I can’t swim.  I mean I can, but I can’t.  It’s not pretty! 

Are any newlyweds thinking about babies?  When is the "ideal" time to have a baby?  Do you have baby fever?  I am starting to dawdle through the baby section in Target – I might be warming up to the fever! 

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to see me/my blog mentioned that I kicked the shredder! Thanks so much, Jenny! I like the show Clean House. I used to watch it w/ my mom. I like things clean and neat too. I get really upset and worked up if I don't get to each little cleaning project I want to do on a given night! My advice on baby fever ... get three cats and two dogs--you'll change your mind fast. :-) I had it, and now I don't! I'm thinking three to five years. We were thinking of "trying" next fall (fall 2011) but I'm not sure. Babies are expensive. Until Miss Buffy grows up, I don't see it happening! HTP was one of the first I started reading too! That and Heather Eats Almond Butter. Check out Kath Eat Real Food too. Wow on the dogs! I never had a dog until we got Buffy as a puppy when we got married. But I always liked dogs. My mom just didn't want one in her house! If you're ever in Richmond, come visit our dogs. Ha They're very, very sweet. A goofy, happy Labradoodle and chill, relax Poodle--how can you go wrong?! My husband WANTS to join a gym--I want to save a buck! :-) I'm hoping next week we can work something out, else I'm going to have to start my training w/ Buffy I guess! (Jasper isn't much of a runner.) OK enough commenting ... I don't want to seem overly enthusiastic, but I think kicking the printer as I told my husband about being mentioned in your blog was enough to seem overly enthusiastic :-)

    ReplyDelete