Friday, August 20, 2010

Pre-10K Pasta Dinner...


Cooking like RR … back in the kitchen!

We have a 10K race tomorrow, so I thought a pasta dinner would be appropriate.  I cooked Rachael Ray’s recipe…”Bucatini and Broccolini”  This link is actually slightly different from the version in her more recent magazine (the recipe I used was the magazine version).

We didn’t have Bucatini (hollow spaghetti) in our grocery store so I bought regular whole-wheat spaghetti instead.  It didn’t seem to matter.  It was really yummy and by far the easiest RR recipe I’ve cooked to date!  Score!  

Here is the final product:



Hubby kept complimenting the flavors!  He’s really sweet and was happy with the pre-race meal.  I am hoping it gives us the energy we need to do well!  Now of course it wouldn’t be me cooking an RR recipe without messing something up!  I didn’t put enough of the green stuff in the dish!  I thought it was brocoolini OR broccoli rabe, but I think Rach meant both.  Oops.  Anyway, it seemed to still be yummy (although I doubt Hubby would ever ask for more veggies…haha)!!!

Well tonight we are off to a movie (I like to be distracted the night before a race because I worry)…going to see Jennifer Anniston (my favorite) and Jason Bateman (one of Hubby’s favorites) to the switch!  I have grand plans of smuggling in popcorn and bottled water…I’ll let you know how it goes!

Here is a link if you want to try it!  It was more like a 20 minute meal, not a 30min! Hooray!   Some fresh bread or garlic knots would have really kicked this meal from a 9 to a 10 rating, but a nine is still pretty fabulous!  It made plenty -- we definitely have a post-race meal ready too! (Here is a shot of it before we topped it with cheese -- YUM!


 Don't you love my pasta bowl?  It was a gift from my brother's girlfriend.  She has the best taste!  I hope she becomes my SIL someday! 


What was the best date you and your Hubby/Wife had?  What made it so special?

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great dinner! (and a great dish! I love to look at nice dishes!)
    Good luck on the 10K. Haven't "known you" long in the blogworld, but still I'm proud of you! I'll be thinking about you as we bathe our dogs and you run your 10K! :-) Best wishes! I hope to be writing about doing a 5K soon!!

    ReplyDelete